THE BEST OF MAC X PROENZA SCHOULER COLLECTION

 So MAC Cosmetics has released yet another collection for Spring and this time it is a dimly anticipated collection and a collaboration with Proenza Schouler designing the limited edition packaging. The collection brings back the much loved ombre blushes allowing you to custom the intensity of application from a light shade to the deeper shade or swirled together for something in between. Below is a glimpse of some of the products from the collection. 



The packaging is stunning as you see, but the collection is another story. As I mentioned above, the blushes in this collection are highly anticipated and they did not disappoint. The colour that I ended up picking up called Ocean City, is a gorgeous peach matte ombre brush that will look amazing on every skin tone, especially come summer. I was really looking forward to all the lipsticks but even after bringing them home I was even more disappointed. The nude 'Woodrose' is a lustre finish but MAC has soo many other nudes that 'Woodrose' just didn't come off as special at all. I'm sure I have at least three nudes in my collection that looks exactly the same as this one. I was also looking forward to 'Pinkfringe' but was disappointed upon application. The packaging and the brand of Proenza Schouler is way too mature for this bubble gum pink that will appeal to a much younger girl. Mangrove is a deep coral matte finish that will be stunning on most skin tones. Primrose is gorgeous except I'm so over wearing darker hues in the winter and looking forward to spring so a deep berry shade is unappealing at best. 


Ocean City

Deepest shade (bottom), Lightest shade (top), Combo (swirled) 

Blended on cheek

Mangrove


Woodrose


Pinkfringe




Verdict: For this collection, the packaging will draw you in but the content will make you think twice. For such a special package, I 






No comments:

Post a Comment