DIOR CAPTURE TOTALE ONE ESSENTIAL



Available here, here and here


I first came across this serum about a year ago when my BF purchased it because of the recommendation of a sales clerk. I was very intrigued by the packaging because it has sort of a double chamber and totally opaque which makes me believe that their are some volatile ingredients included that is sensitive to sunlight. Made me feel better about him spending $100 + taxes on this product. Now he could be trying to tell me something but he knows how happy high end skincare products makes me. 

ONE Essential promises to elimate toxins to regenerate cells and stimulate cell turnover and correct ALL visible signs of aging. It works as a detoxifier on skin cells 'to powerfully correct all visible signs of aging: wrinkles, loss of firmness, dark spots and lack of radiance.' What sold him on the product is that it enables your other skin care products to work better and extends their benefits over time. 

I used as directed which is after cleansing, before moisturizing both morning and night for about 3 months with no visible results. I have a semi firm belief that you don't need to see the lines or the loose skin or the dark marks to start treating aging on the skin. Fighting aging requires a proactive approach. So while my main concerns may not have been wrinkles or loss of tone on the skin, I certainly struggle with hyper pigmentation and is continually looking out for the next best product to even out my complexion and yes, maintain the firmness and smoothness of my skin. I didn't get that with this product sadly at the time so I put it away and moved on.

Well, the good BF he is, he purchased another one. I wanted desperately to get the results and be as happy with it as those that reviewed it online. I decided to give it another try over the winter when my skin is in need of more TLC. The result, noticeable  increase in the hydration level of my skin. The product sits on the skin for a couple minutes before being fully absorbed so the key to layering other products on top is to let it sit for about 2 minutes before proceeding to another serum or moisturizer. 

The main thing that I am bothered by with ONE Essential are some of the ingredients. There are some that are amazing such as the triglycerides that plumps and radiates the skin to fill in fine lines and wrinkles. There's also Aframomum Angustifolium which is shown to regulate antioxidant defences, dermal epidermal junction components and epidermal renewal-related genes therefore aiding in cell renewal, a key to slowing down aging. The bad in this is alcohol which is the fourth ingredient on the list and is shown to cause dryness.  Parfum is also a key ingredient appearing in the top half of the ingredient list. 

I'm going to continue using this serum until its done because I just hate to waste products and because my skin hasn't reacted negatively to it. Then again, I do not have sensitive skin but I recommend those with sensitive to be more cautious with this ONE Essential by Dior. Get a sample and test out the compatibility with your skin type before purchasing the full size. There are many people who swear by this product but I or the BF will not be repurchasing.


No comments:

Post a Comment