REVLON NEARLY NAKED FOUNDATION

Revlon Nearly Naked- 260 Caramel
Revlon came out with a new foundation a few months ago called Nearly Naked that I just had to try. I am a HUGE fan of the Urban Decay Naked Skin that I've been using for the past few months that I'm so in love with, I'm almost at the end of my bottle. At almost $60 per bottle, a more affordable alternative will be a welcome addition for a everyday look. The Nearly Naked foundation cost between $10-$12 and has a matching powder for about the same price to set the foundation. I opted out of the setting powder because I prefer to use a translucent powder to set my foundation to avoid looking cakey. 

BEFORE
The foundation promises to blend seamlessly, is light weight with buildable coverage and  creates a fresh even complexion. 

With Foundation- No Powder
The foundation goes on very light but is definitely buildable without looking unnatural. I would say it has a semi-matte finish when applied which is perfect for either drier or oilier skin. For drier I would recommend not setting with a powder at all and with oilier, a little powder will tone down the radiancy that this foundation gives to the skin. It covers my blemishes really well and can be built up in certain areas to cover deeper blemishes if needed. I am not wearing any concealer in these photos.

With Setting Powder and Blush
I set my foundation with Mac's Prep & Prime Powder that controls oiliness because that's what I do with all my foundation. I can NEVER go out without setting with a oil absorbing powder, even in the winter because I have a very oily t-zone. I also added blush because I just love blush. 

After 4 hours 
 The foundation was still intact after 4 hours. As you can see, my oils were starting to peak through but I didn't look greasy. The foundation sat very well on my skin and blended in with my oils instead of separating and forming into any creases. It blended well with my skin tone and had the perfect level of yellowness. They also have colours with more pink undertones for lighter skin tones and those with orange undertones to suit darker skin tones as well. 



I would say this foundation would make an excellent everyday wear foundation. You really don't need something that's going to conceal every single blemish, pigmentation or unevenness on your skin as these concerns should be dealt with with skincare products, not your foundation. On an everyday, your skin should show through your foundation to avoid getting clogged pores. 

For the price, this foundation def deserves a 9 if compared to other drugstore foundations. Its only drawback for me is that it needs a pump. If you are looking for a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked skin, this could very well be it.

2 comments:

  1. what shade are you in mac?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually between NC 44 and NC 45 depending on the time of year

    ReplyDelete